We provide the needed strategies and Information that keep Africans with technology and innovation.
The African Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Foundation is an independent not-for-profit, non-governmental and non-partisan ICT empowerment and educational organization whose mission is to formulate, evaluate, and promote ICT and telecoms policies that accelerate innovations and boost productivity to spur growth, create job opportunities, and progress in the African economy.
Our focus is at the intersection of technological innovations such as telecommunications, information technology and data, life sciences, trade and globalization, agricultural Biotechnology and clean energy. It is poised towards providing high-quality information analysis, policy pragmatism, and recommendations you can trust.
The Foundation serves a pivotal role in re-positioning and promoting African evolving innovations in policies, techniques, economic, and social matters.
African ICT Foundation was established in 2009 to drive policies that use information and communications technology to improve the growth and development of the African economy. In addition to strategic direction, inspiration, and oversight to advance the Foundation’s mission offered by a team of well-experienced professionals, African ICT Foundation is working with members in Africa and the world, to promote a continuous evolution in innovations and technological appreciation for everyone in Africa.
To professionally invest in the African untapped but sustainable skills and potentials as the key and only hope for the future aspiration in Education, Technology and Economic development of the African nationhood.
To be a Safety net and future aspiration for development in Africa measured by the impact and Sustainability of our projects
To help achieve our mission, the African ICT Foundation:
Aims and Objectives
- Create a strong platform and network to promote social networking, career advancement opportunities, and entrepreneurial development in ICT and related businesses within the African continent.
- To engage in advocacy and promote policies and programmes that would facilitate ICT development and innovations in Africa.
- To develop and execute programmes that would promote ICT awareness, access, adoption, and application among the citizens and the business community within the African continent.
- To enhance digital literacy within the African continent through the promotion of the use of ICT in teaching and learning.
- To develop and execute ICT programmes, training and capacity building aimed at poverty eradication and job creation for the teeming population of African youths who are largely unemployed.
- Undertake activities, including consultancy services, policy research & development, advocacy, training, etc. that would cultivate the requisite environment for wider, sustainable collaboration and networking within the African Continent
- To collaborate with relevant ICT regulators, operators and service providers, amongst others, to drive and promote learning opportunities through relevant training courses and certifications in the sector.
- Partner with public and the private sector organisations, including academic and professional ICT institutions to build capacity in ICT for teaching & learning, research & community services.
- Facilitate and promote policy, ICT conferences and workshops in conjunction with private and public organisations to create learning opportunities and exchange of ideas.
- Develop and share thoughts and knowledge through appropriate publication of the foundation’s research outcomes and policy recommendations.
- To facilitate adoption of new technologies within the African continent.
- To develop and execute ICT programmes, training and capacity building for small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in Africa, in order to promote e-business and other technological adoptions by SMEs in the continent, thereby making them tap into the global digital
- To collaborate with the African Union and other regional bodies, public and private organizations and individuals to facilitate the utilization of ICT to promote the economic, social and environmental well-being of Africans, in line with the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
Interested in becoming the African ICT Foundation’s Partner ?
Join the Global African Movement by Clicking the Button Below: